RULES: The following rules of this tournament will remain unchanged. Interpretation of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament Director. The decision of the tournament officials shall be final in all matters. Tournament officials will be well identified throughout.
1. Tournament hours will be from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
2. Teams will be permitted to fish anywhere on the main river.
3. Any Competitor under the age of 16 must be accompanied by someone over 18 years of
Registration fees are non refundable after the 1st of June.
SCORING: The 1st place team will have the heaviest 5 fish total. All other fish weighed in by other teams will be eligible for all cash prises based on a catch of up to 5 fish (Bass only). For example, 2 fish are caught and weigh in at 5 lbs total and another team catches only 1 fish, but weigh in at 6 lbs total, the team with the heaviest catch wins.
The big fish prize is separate and individuals must register ($20) for this event before the start of the tournament. 50% of the registration funds will go to the winner. This is not intended to be a team prize and any participant can win.
If, in the judgment of the Tournament officials any fish presented for weigh-in has been mashed, mauled or mangled unnaturally that bass will not be counted in the team’s score.
All legal bait is authorised.
* Any weight added to a fish before weigh in, will bring about a complete disqualification from the tournament.
4. Each team is only permitted to weigh in 5 fish. Any combinations of smallmouth or
largemouth bass will be accepted.
5. Each team is permitted to have no more than six fish in their live-well at any one time.
6. Only largemouth or smallmouth bass caught in designated tournament waters, during
tournament hours are eligible to be weighed. Weigh-ins will be done at 4:00 pm.
If a team does not have a live well or a means to keep fish alive, early weigh-ins may be entertained.
7. A 1 pound late penalty will be assessed for every minute after 4:00 pm. This means your boat must be docked before 4:00pm. A time check will be done just before blast off and the Tournament Director’s time will be the official time for the tournament.
8. No size limit will be enforced.
9. There will be a 1/4 Lb (4 ounce) penalty for each dead fish. Penalties for dead fish will be deducted from the team’s total weight.
10. A team can make 1 request to re-weigh their total catch and/or big fish. The weight
registered on the re-weigh will become the recorded weight used in the tournament
standings prizes. Another team cannot request a re-weigh of a competitor’s catch.
11. In the event of a tie, in any prize position, the prize money will be awarded to the team with the biggest individual fish.
12. To be eligible for the Big Fish pool, the big fish must be alive and you must have paid
to enter the Big Fish pool during registration.
13. Provincial rules and regulations with regard to alcohol and prohibited substances in boats apply throughout.
14. Competitors must abide by all applicable boating and sport fishing regulations.
15. No one is permitted to board a Competitor’s boat during tournament hours except officials, police or conservation officers.
16. All Competitors must register or check-in at tournament headquarters (Grand-Calumet Island Marina) before 7:45 am. Participants will be issued official tournament bracelets at this time.
All teams will have their boat inspected before blast off. If a prepaid team arrives late to the event, they must seek out a member of the tournament staff for inspection of boat prior to commencement of fishing. If a team fails to be inspected, that team will not be eligible for the tournament. Inspected boats will be marked.
17. Blast off will be done two at a time, in order of registration..
18. Teams may protest violations of the above rules by other teams, provided the protest
is in writing and is accompanied by a $25.00 fee. The fee is refundable if the
protesting team wins its protest. The protest must be brought to the tournament director
prior to the awards presentations.
19. All Competitors must have liability insurance and a valid Ontario or Quebec Fishing